Wild Lilac Child Development Community hosts a variety of family-focused events to build and foster community.
- Harvest Faire, an October gathering featuring family activities & a book sale
- Winter Feast, a fundraising dinner and auction in February
- Threads of Justice, an anti-bias conference for early childhood educators the last weekend of January
- May Faire, a celebration of Spring featuring family activities & a plant sale
- Art Show, a month-long display of our children’s art at neighborhood venues
- Procession of the Species, a community costume parade in July that celebrates our planet’s biodiversity
In addition, Wild Lilac families are invited to a few puppet shows, concerts, and classroom parties each year. During the school day, all the classrooms gather once a month for a sing-along led by our musical teachers, and our neighborhood’s youth librarian visits once a month to lead story times for each age group. Children explore the neighborhood on regular walks and visits to Essex Park and Kern Park, the Portland Mercado, and other local spaces and businesses.
Other events, like our annual kindergarten panel and our parent workshops, focus on parent support and education.